Saturday, March 14, 2009

Giving the Village a Voice!

You won't believe how excited I was to go to the Village Tavern and Grille! A classmate told me that these would be the greatest chicken fingers I had ever tasted. So of course I was eager to investigate for myself! We rolled all the way to the far end of Schaumburg, but there it was, a stout little building with "Chi-rish" decorations in the windows, a big coat of arms above the door, and plastic ninjas in those little 25 cent machines!

So far, so great!

We were seated immediately, I liked our waitress's eye make-up! The tables were roomy and the service was pretty quick. I ordered the appetizer version of their world famous chicken strips and I'm sure glad I did. That platter looked monstrous! If there's one negative thing I have to say about the Village is that the portions were enormous! I'm all for getting some bang for your buck, but my tummy is an account with a maximum deposit amount!

Now of course, to the chicken itself! Six swollen batter-fried strips which I quickly accompanied with a load of tangy ketchup! And how could I avoid trying the secret honey mustard recipe? And let me tell you, it's the sauce that makes these babies. Alone, these strips were warm and moist, sure. But they lacked something so small that I can't even put it into words. That certain something, if you will. Normally I'm a ketchup only man; if honey mustard even touches my strips there's gonna be a crisis! This honey mustard was in a league of it's own, I loved it! So as a picky person to any of you other picky strip lovers, definitely opt for the honey mustard on these!

While I am afraid I can't say that they're the best chicken strips EVER, they're certainly no slouches! Check out the Village Tavern and Grille, and I hope your waitress has pretty eyes too!

2 comments:

  1. The carol stream location is better. i guarantee it. The chicken fingers and service is ten times better, because the owner is better than the schamburg owner. He is a businessman and runs it smoothly at the carol stream location!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or even try the fish fry. It is all you can eat at carol stream on wednesdays and fridays!

    ReplyDelete