Sunday, March 8, 2009

Kentucky Fried Review!

Kentucky Fried Chicken

1030 N Roselle Rd. Schaumburg, IL.

How excited was I to order a trendy chicken wrap, one of my favorite creations in the new fast food world. If anyone could devise a chicken wrap masterpiece, I knew the great American hero and entrepreneur, Mr. Colonel Sanders and his mighty Kentucky Fried Chicken empire could deliver! Sadly, a moment after unwrapping my little warm convenient treat, I was more disappointed than getting socks on my birthday.

Haphazardly, the wrap was a mess. The employee putting my lunch together had the enthusiasm of a Monday morning college student. Shame on me for expecting more presentation. Was he even trying to aim with the lettuce? I’ll keep my complaint short, I did receive my order by the time I got my receipt and a couple of sweaty pennies thrown at me.

The biggest disappointment came in the size of the actual wrap, completely underwhelming. What happened to the glory days of “Super size me” fast food America? Was the Colonel cutting back for the good of us? The patriot inside me demanded more bang for my buck! The chicken was tiny, almost an afterthought. Could fit comfortably in the palm of my hand (South beach diet anyone?). Other chicken wraps made by rival competitors are usually much bigger. Think of pro football players vs. the chess team.

I will mention the plus side, because I guess good things can come in small packages. The wrap mildly had a welcomed spice. One of Mr. Sanders secrets herbs or spices? Turned out to be a thin coating of lively “Pepper mayo”. If the wrap was going to be small, it did have an enjoyable peppery kick. Like your favorite grandpa!

This wrap could of have been great, it had much potential. If you're looking for a light snack, this isn’t a terrible choice, but I believe chicken wraps need to come bigger, better, and stronger. I have a feeling that’s the way Mr. Sanders would of wanted it. Maybe somewhere, out there, one of the thousands of KFC restaurants is doing it right, just not this one.

-Elio

No comments:

Post a Comment