Sunday, March 8, 2009

Kentucky Fried Chicken Pt. II



The colonel's famous chicken has always been a favorite of mine, and that's part of the reason that we decided to embark on our first chicken review adventure within the walls of our local Kentucky Fried Chicken!

Now I've got some beef with the Colonel as of late. We've been such good friends for years, the colonel's crispy strips were some of my favorite chicken fingers! But now the crispy strip has gone the way of the Dodo, leaving only the original recipe strips. It's not that the original recipe is TERRIBLE. But it certainly doesn't pack the same crunchy goodness I'd come to expect.

If you miss the old ways as much as I do, then there's still hope! You can always get crispy recipe chicken legs and wings, or the sensational popcorn chicken! They've served as an adequate patch over the hole in my heart that was left by crispy strips. Warm and crunchy and served with just enough of a delay on my order to let me know that they actually took time to cook it.

They're a little bland taste-wise, so ketchup is a must with these babies. And don't expect to feel full up on these guys, grab some biscuits and a drink to go with it or you're gonna be rumbling in your tummy a few hours sooner than you had planned! We've been through a lot, KFC, and we've seen better days, but you're still decent in my book!

2 comments:

  1. I love chicken and I love reviews, so this site is the tits! looking forward to more chicken reviews in the future.

    sadly I have never had crispy strips before, as I'm not a big KFC kinda guy, but they sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Abe! Like Greg mentioned, the biscuits at KFC is a never fail plan. They alone are worth the stop in.

    ReplyDelete